The AIA|LA Emerging Urban Designers Forum presents:
A Mini-Charette, Finding Public Open Space in Los Angeles
Creating Open Space In An Age of Austerity
April 21st @ Rios Clementi Hale Studios
Continuing this year's topic of Open Space, April's Forum will be a session to brainstorm working methods and tactics for creating open space in the context of vanishing public-sector funding.
7 pm: Mini- Charette at Rios Clementi Hale Studios
Michael Sweeney from Rios Clementi Hale will introduce the topic through a presentation about finding methods and strategies for open space. Discussion during the mini-charrette will be based on questions such as:
- In a built-out city, where can we find opportunities for public open space?
- What latent or underutilized open space resources are available?
- Do we need to make better use of Los Angeles' limited open space resources or do we need more open space?
- As a city, where can we find the money, the will, and the land for open space in Los Angeles?
- As professionals, what opportunities do we see?
Rios Clementi Hale Studios
639 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
8.15 pm: The Social @ Pueblo Viejo
5722 Melrose Ave
Hollywood, CA 90038
Come join the discussion!
RSVP to email@example.com , capacity is limited.