The Health Program Analyst (HPA) will work on projects related to the promotion of wellness for the Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention during the Community Transformation Grant (CTG) initiative. The position will help develop program materials including creating public education materials for advancing the wellness agenda of the CTG. Such activities may include the creation of printed and online visual design (e.g., advertising, marketing communications and creative support that integrates branding), development of traditional media and program initiatives on health promotion, and creative support and production of internal and external publications such as websites, e-newsletters, brochures, research briefs, visual presentations and multimedia projects. Desirable skills include basic knowledge of video editing tools and understanding of the principles of social media and web-based communications.
The HPA will:
- · Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of wellness-focused public education/media programs and planning, as they relate to Division or CTG initiatives.
- · Assist with the coordination, planning and development of collateral materials for programs.
- · Assist in the development and implementation of wellness communications plans within targeted communities or workplaces.
- · Educate community stakeholders, collaborators, and public health professionals about wellness programming or strategies through collateral materials.
Desirable Skills Set:
• Ability to create superior, original designs for print, web and new media
• Fluency in current graphic design practices and software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe After Effects
• Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HTML, Flash and CSS
• Superior communication, organization and presentation skills
• Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize
Minimum and Desirable Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years experience in wellness promotion required. Graphic design, web design and marketing experience is desirable, especially if the experience is in a public health or government agency.