The AIA|LA strongly encourages the City to support a design direction for the Sixth Street Bridge that will allow for the opportunity to:
· Create a new iconic and contemporary landmark for Los Angeles.
· Catalyze economic growth and revitalization in the Arts District, Boyle Heights and throughout downtown.
· Strengthen the link between Boyle Heights and downtown.
· Create new, accessible public open space along the River
· Encourage pedestrian and bicycle activity through the creation of attractive walk and bike lanes.