The City of Los Angeles is actively searching for an architect to serve on the Pacific Palisades Commercial Villages Design Review Board. If you have interest, please contact Whitney Blumenfeld in Councilmember Rosendahl's office for more information. Also, please copy me on your correspondence so that we can keep track of your interest and update you on additional opportunities.
Very truly yours,
Director, Government & Public Affairs
AIA Los Angeles
Pacific Palisades Commercial Villages Design Review Board:
The Pacific Palisades Commercial Villages DRB reviews commercial projects within 3 commercial areas of Pacific Palisades (see the Specific Plan link below for a map of these areas). Since 1985 there has been a Specific Plan in place with regulations related to land use, parking, site planning, architecture, urban design, and signs.
About the Board:
- There are seven board members, at least one of which must be an architect. One must be a landscape architect and another must be a landscape architect or urban designer.
- Members must live or work in Pacific Palisades (zip codes 90272 and 90402).
- Board members are appointed by Council District 11, but work closely with the Planning Department.
- The board reviews roughly between 8 and 15 projects a year, ranging from shopping centers to apartment buildings to small storefront renovations. Only the exteriors of projects are reviewed.
- The board meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at the Pacific Palisades Chamber office at 15330 Antioch St. Meetings begin at 7pm and typically last 2 hours or less. Meetings are canceled if there are no projects to review, which happens somewhat frequently.
- At least a week prior to the DRB meeting, the Planning Dept. sends the board members sets of all the plans they will be reviewing at the next meeting.
- Board member terms last 4 years, with a two term maximum. A member can step down from the board at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in serving, please contact:
Office of Councilmember Bill Rosendahl
City of Los Angeles
200 North Spring Street, Room 415
Los Angeles, CA 90012
tel: (213) - 473-7011
fax: (213) 473-6926
Please copy Will Wright (email@example.com) on your correspondence. Thank you!