There are still a few days to make calls to get important changes made to laws governing the ability to utilize PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS to get infrastructure projects DONE in CA!
Dear Supporters of SB 475:
Thank you so much for your support on this important bill. We just sent off the attached final letter with the signatures of 51 organizations from up and down the state. This could not have been done without your help, so again, thank you.
This bill is at a critical juncture right now and needs as much active and vocal support as it can get. If you (and your members) can begin making calls to legislators on the Assembly Local Government Committee (where the bill is currently lodged) urging them to both reconsider and support this bill, it would go a long way toward providing us with more tools to build a 21st Century infrastructure here in California. The members who either voted in opposition or whose vote was not recorded are as follows:
Assembly Member Luis Alejo – Vote not recorded - 916-319-2028
Assembly Member Steven Bradford – Vote not recorded - 916-319-2051
Assembly Member Nora Campos– Voted No - 916-319-2023
Assembly Member Mike Davis – Vote not recorded - 916-319-2048
Assembly Member Richard Gordon – Voted No -916-319-2021
Assembly Member Ben Hueso – Vote not recorded -916-319-2079
It would also be helpful if you could reach out via social media on this issue as well. If you have a Twitter account, you may be interested in using one of the following tweets:
1. Just signed on 2 letter supporting Rod Wright's SB475. Combines private sector innovation w/ public sector #jobs4CA. #cabudget
2. Just signed on 2 letter supporting Rod Wright's SB475. Let's get this bill passed in Sacramento 2 create #jobs4CA. #cabudget
3. Just signed on 2 letter supporting Rod Wright's SB475 stuck in LocalGovt. Asm members didn’t cast votes 1st time around. #cabudget
4. Excited 2 join statewide orgs supporting SB475. Opportunity 4 biz & labor to partner 2 create better infrastructure & #jobs4CA. #cabudget
5. Great public-private partnership opportunity w/ SB475, currently in LocalGovt. Let’s get it passed! #jobs4CA. #cabudget
Note: please use the cabudget hashtag (#cabudget), since most people in Sacramento follow it.
Thank you again for all of your support on this bill, and I look forward to working with you in the near future on other items to advance our state’s economy.
David A. Flaks | Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation
444 S. Flower Street, 34th Floor, Los Angeles CA 90071
T: (213) 236-4834 F: (213) 622-7100 | LAEDC.org |