the tenth annual AIA|LA Breakfast Series
Presented by YOUR FIRM NAME HERE!
Jim Jacobsen is a founding partner of Industry Partners. Arguably one of the market's top commercial real estate brokers, Jim has devoted his entire 20-year career to improving the working environment on the Westside.
Before starting Industry Partners in 2011, Jim was co-president and partner of Lee & Associates\West Los Angeles, where he led the landlord and tenant representation practices. One of that company's top-ranked producers, Jim has closed some of the largest transactions on Los Angeles' Westside including Lantana Center in Santa Monica, 13031 W. Jefferson in Playa Vista,
and 1630 Stewart/Penn Station in Santa Monica.
Jim has played a key role in preserving the historic industrial fabric of the Westside through the sale and repurposing of millions of square feet of brick-walled, bow-truss warehouse buildings. These buildings are now being used by users in the creative, marketing, and entertainment industries, as well as corporate users who appreciate high-quality design and construction that integrates environmental sensitivity, reduced energy costs and pride of place. He also has brokered and helped develop nearly 200 adaptive reuse properties, including eight of the 10 examples of adaptive re-use that were recently cited as exemplary by the City of Santa Monica. An early adopter and advocate of sustainable development, Jim also was a principal in the first USGBC LEED Gold adaptive reuse building on Los Angeles' Westside.
As a result of his client-focused commitment, he has maintained long-term relationships with such companies as The Lionstone Group, J.J. Abrams, MJZ TV, Jerry Bruckheimer, POP Sound / Post, Imagine Films and The Mill.
Jim received his BA from the University of California at Los Angeles. He is a member of the Los Angeles Commercial Real Estate Association, Santa Monica Conservancy, City of Hope, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Hammer Museum and Oceana North America. He also is a volunteer consultant to Solar Santa Monica, which effects clean, renewable energy awareness and implementation.
Jim was named to California Real Estate Journal "Dealmaker" Survey of the State's Top-35 Real Estate Professionals and to Real Estate Forum's 40 Under 40.
For our 2013 series, we're inviting the following:
- Jim Jacobsen – Founding Partner, Industry Partners - Friday, March 8 (8am - 9:30am) :: Clive Wilkinson Architects
- Martin Caverly – CEO, EVOQ Properties - Friday, March 15 (8am - 9:30am) :: Alston & Bird LLP
- Jim Cowell, PE – Vice President, Facilities, California Institute of Technology - Friday, June 7 (8am - 9:30am) :: Rios Clementi Hale Studios
- Robert Cushman – Brookfield Properties - date tbd
- Michael Govan – Director, LACMA - date tbd
- Rick Caruso – President, Caruso Affiliated - date tbd
- Randy Johnson – Playa Capital - date tbd
- Wayne Ratkovich - President & CEO, The Ratkovich Company - date tbd
- Christopher Rising – President & COO, Rising Realty Partners - date tbd
- Janet Marie Smith – Sr. VP, Planning & Development, Dodger Stadium - date tbd
- Martha Welborne, FAIA – Executive Director, Countywide Planning, METRO - date tbd
- and more....