More than 700 Angelenos turned out Feb. 7 for the BizFed-Daily News LA City Mayoral Candidate Debate (with many more watching it streamed live online at the Northridge-Chatsworht Patch) where the five leading candidates were grilled on the city's finances for more than an hour by moderator Austin Beutner, a former LA City Deputy Mayor and founder of Evercore Partners.
Here are some highlights of media coverage of the debate:
- Daily News – Photos: Mayoral Candidates Participate in Debate at CSUN
- Daily News - Los Angeles mayoral candidates grilled on budget solutions
- L.A. Times - L.A. mayoral candidates pressed on city's $1-billion budget deficit
- L.A. Times - Beutner hears no 'answer' to budget deficit from mayoral candidates
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal - Mayoral Candidates Spar at CSUN Debate
Here’s a link to the CAO’s report released yesterday that was referenced during the debate, which contains the most current budget and deficit numbers. Also, since several people have asked, attached are the slides Austin used during the debate
As the press coverage demonstrates, BizFed is leading way by focusing attention on the critical fiscal issues the next mayor will face. Again, THANK YOU to all of the Sponsors, Promoting Partners, volunteers, and staff who made yesterday such a great success!
STAY TUNED in the days ahead for more photos, a video of the event, data, information, how to access it via Time Warner Cable on-demand, and additional details - and, of course, remember to vote on March 5.
Tracy Rafter, CEO
BizFed, Los Angeles County Business Federation
A Grass Roots Alliance of 100 Top LA County Business Groups
Mobilizing Over 250,000 Businesses